Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Year Without Weekend

My line of work is an 8-hour stress because of escalations, reports and supervisory calls. Though, once I get up that chair, my work is done. I don't have any take home reports and I don't really need to worry anything about work when I'm out of the office. But since I'm all stressed out during work hours, all I do when I get home is sleep. I only get to relax for real is during my 2-day off which happens to be Wednesday and Thursday, and my friends happens to have a weekend rest days. Life is sweet.

As I always say, the work load is fine. At the end of the day, I will still go home. If there's something/s that needs to be address immediately, which I am not able to touch, I can always endorse it to the next supervisor on duty. What particularly stress me out is working with people who doesn't seem to care about you as their team mate or just plain co-worker. As much as I can, I will go to work because there are just so much in line if I don't report even just for a day. I really hate getting to work late. The feeling is like staining your plain white shirt which wouldn't come off no matter what you do. Unfortunately, there are just people who takes advantage of me, knowing that I always report to work. I will not go into details, I still have respect them as my co-workers and as a person.

So, I decided to have a 2-day leave from work. I don't have any particular plan for my leave but just basically forget about work and just relax. It's not enough, I know but it's as much as I can have for now.

I asked my friends from high school if we could hang out few days after finding out that my leave was approved. I wasn't able to get as much response as I want but I know I'll still be able to go out with a few of them.

Saturday came and 2 of my girl friends committed to have our nails done. We weren't able to get the ultimate spa we originally wanted because 2 of our friends came earlier and we don't want them waiting for us too long. After getting our nails done, the 5 of us had dinner to a newly opened Turkish restaurant in Tiendesitas. I am not very pleased with how they serve the food, they prepare everything for you. All you need to do is just take a bite which I am not a fan of. I still prefer the traditional way of how a kebab is served. The sauce is watery like which adds to how I hated how the food was served. And, nope I am not making a restaurant review. Nope.

After dinner, there's just too much plan. I need to go to the office for a quick errand, meet up with Sander and meet our friends again. J.O needs to attend her rehearsal for 2 hours. Jochelle and Luis needs to change clothes and pick up RL and BM. So, we decided to split up and meet again after 2 hours. We did. We had a drink at our favorite bar in Metrowalk called Grill Republic. We like it there because it's cozier compare to the other bars around and the music is so our genre. Not everyone was able to come, my best friend wasn't able to go, but that's fine. I still had a good laugh and a very fun night with a couple of friends.

One of my friends, Jochelle, is too sleepy to function after 3 hours of drinking, laughing and the what not. They have attended a wedding earlier the day and as I mentioned awhile ago, we had to go through so much before drinking. She wants to call it a night around 12-ish but her cousin, J.O, refused to go home and still wants to drink. I wanted to eat. We all agreed that Luis and Joch will go home and Lei, Jobet, J.O and I will stay. Metrowalk is a one big drinking place. It's not a place for eating, I won't enjoy eating seeing bottles of beers around. Lei likes to have noodle and said that there's a North Park (a Korean Restaurant) nearby. No one brought car and it's another way of wasting money for a short cab trip. We decided to walk. We passed by some of the bars that I used to go to and it sadden me seeing them shut down by the government. We reached Home Depot in Ortigas, a good 10 minute walk, but we didn't see any opened restaurant. We picked on Lei since it was her who told us about North Park and she made us walk. I need to eat and the closest food haven I know is Uncle Mo's, our favorite Turkish Restaurant in the metro. I had beef kebab and pita bread, and Lei treated us iced cream. We still ended our day right. I would love to do the same thing everyday with the people whom I know are true enough to stay with me since we we're kids.


Grabbed the photo from J.O
Not everyone gets to have their photo taken.
The last photo is at uncle mo's. We're all sweating and drank.


I didn't much of with my Sunday. I had one of my worst hang over, so I decided to stay home. But still well spent just resting the whole day. 

I would love to have a longer vacation leave. I just need something to freshen up my 6 years and 6 months working life. Or maybe I need a better working environment. I don't know. It's just a maybe, don't quote me on this ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment